Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADVERTISING
• All adverts are accepted by Boxmoor Direct on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permissions for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advert/editorial/article/any other content.
• It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advert and ensure that it is correct at copy approval stage. No responsibility will be taken by Boxmoor Direct for any errors subsequently identified (i.e. after copy approval).
• Any logos/images/photos supplied should be a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any image/logo/photo supplied at a lower resolution.
• Any adverts supplied in JPEG, pdf or any other pre-prepared format will be inserted into Boxmoor Direct as supplied and will be assumed not to require copy approval. These files should be supplied at a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
• Any advert/editorial/article/design which Boxmoor Direct has created cannot be used in another publication or advertising medium (e.g. website) without the written approval of Boxmoor Direct. A fee will be payable to The Boxmoor Direct if an advertiser wishes to re-use an advert/editorial/article/design in this way.
• Boxmoor Direct reserve the right to refuse/edit advertisements at our discretion.
• Full payment is required by the date specified on the order confirmation form to ensure publication of the advert. Any adverts for which payment has not been received will not be published.
• Once an advertising package has been confirmed, either by an advertiser signing and returning the order confirmation form or by confirmation telephone call, e-mail or letter no refunds can be given if the advertiser subsequently decides that they wish to cancel the advertising package.
• Advertisers who pay for their advert by standing order are advised that their advert will be printed in the magazine until such time as they notify Boxmoor Direct that they wish to cancel. Standing orders must be set up so that payment is received by The Boxmoor Direct by the date specified on the order confirmation form i.e. prior to printing. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to inform Boxmoor Direct if they wish to stop running their advert. Notification of cancellation must be received by the copy deadline date. If the advertiser cancels their standing order without telling Boxmoor Direct and the advert is published, the advertiser will be invoiced separately for the advertising cost.
• Boxmoor Direct give no guarantee of the level of response to adverts/editorial/articles etc. Boxmoor Direct are unable to offer a refund if no responses are received.
• The distribution area of Boxmoor Direct may vary at the discretion of the publisher.
• All invoices are payable within 7 days of the date of the date stated on the invoice or by the date stated on the order confirmation form, whichever is sooner and in no circumstances shall the advertiser be entitled to make any deduction or withhold payment for any reason at all.
• Without prejudice to any other rights of Boxmoor Direct if the advertiser fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the advertiser shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date of which payment was due to the date of actual payment (whether before or after judgment) on a daily basis at a rate of 4% p.a. over the base rate from time to time quoted by National Westminster Bank plc and shall reimburse to Boxmoor Direct all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
Note: Where the term advert is used this means any advertisement, editorial, article, or any other material (e.g. community content) supplied for publication.